*Sometimes I wish I weren't so smart, so intuitive. Wish I were stupid, naive, ignorant..just sometimes... Me

*It would be so nice if somethings made sense for a change-Alice; Alice in Wonderland

*Shut the front door.... Oreo

*Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss

*If you think it's about you, it probably is even if I didn't mean it to be... Me

*When there's an elephant in the room introduce him- Randy Pausch

Friday, August 5, 2011

Dad's Days

This is my weekend off. To those of you with children, and married that means in our house it's "Dad's Days".
They start around 7pm on Friday, and end on Sunday at 6pm. These weekends are weird for me.

Do I enjoy them? Sometimes. I used to be afraid to say that. I am not anymore. Yes, I do sometimes enjoy Dad's Days.  Enjoying  some solitude does not mean I don't miss my kids. I miss them, I miss their voices, I miss their hugs, their fighting, and yup even the pee and toothpaste. I miss them.

But mostly what I hate is the fact that when I have nothing planned on Dad's Days for me, I can get a little melancholy. Like, I feel like I have to be out, doing something. If I'm alone I worry why I'm alone, do I have no life outside of my boys? And if this is so what will become of me later on in life.  OK, maybe I don't worry that far in advance. But those days can become solemn.  To the average mom who never gets a break you probably don't understand that, and I don't expect you to. I didn't.

I watch movies, I clean, I relax on the deck, eat cereal for dinner, write, drink some Skinnygirl. I try to fill the hours when I don't have plans.   Sometimes I visit mom for dinner. I have people I like to see, or that I'd like to see. Their weekends do not always coincide with mine, just another part of divorce I guess.

Sometimes these weekends go by very fast, and sometimes believe it or not they are torture. I am going to work on that too.

Dad's Days... just another thing you learn to like .. just another thing  you have to Deal with ..

No comments:

Post a Comment